7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    What’s going on in China? Apparently Xi Jinping has been placed under house arrest.

Not confirmed by any western media so far but interesting developments vis a vis China and Russia’s relationship.
    Nope, I see nothing. Not counting random YouTube "news" channels, because we know how they operate.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    to be fair, The Party holds absolute power, they just see Xi's view of where to go as most acceptable. Dont think for a second they wouldn't toss him if they think they need to.
    I mean China's instability would be big news, just weird to see few of the claims going around the internet past 24 hours, even here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I've seen this claim several times now, I have no idea why people imagine Winnie the Pooh would just be arrested...and how is that related to Russia?

Last time I checked, Xi holds absolute power.
    In case you missed it, there's an elevated level of social unrest in China due to COVID, the economy isn't doing too hot and, currently, Xi is trying to get a third term while yoked to putin and he's 68.

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if a faction would want him gone before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    In case you missed it, there's an elevated level of social unrest in China due to COVID, the economy isn't doing too hot and, currently, Xi is trying to get a third term while yoked to putin and he's 68.

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if a faction would want him gone before it's too late.
    Ah, explains why certain image sites have these communist propaganda bots spouting "europoor" & "americunt" themed shit all day long recently, while praising chinese supremacy.

Would be a dream really, that "friendship" with Putin would be frowned upon in even China!

7+ Year Old Account

That would be sudden. Dude has been consolidating power and getting rid of his opponents for 10y. Him getting ejected when he is supposed to do an unprecedented move of getting a lifetime presidency would be bonkers.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That would be sudden. Dude has been consolidating power and getting rid of his opponents for 10y. Him getting ejected when he is supposed to do an unprecedented move of getting a lifetime presidency would be bonkers.
    His supposed opponent for that presidency is apparently the guy who has the military police in his pocket...makes ya think eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    So russan civilians are now in toilet paper mode. Buying everything they can for winter.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I thought he made himself dictator a couple years ago. Guess I was wrong, he got rid of the term limits, meaning he can be president as long as he wants as long as he keeps winning. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-43361276

Not a good day for the Russian air force - Ukraine is claiming taking out 4 aircraft, of which 2 appear to be confirmed.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...kbPzvUUlHB9EPA

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Not a good day for the Russian air force - Ukraine is claiming taking out 4 aircraft, of which 2 appear to be confirmed.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...kbPzvUUlHB9EPA
    Fantastic news, and with the current sanctions they probably can't build any more so it is a heavy hit.

7+ Year Old Account
    So im one of those russians that ran from country last few days.
    I dont know anyone that are ready to be drafted, everyone is trying to leave or hiding. Not everyone can leave.
    Argumentation is not fear in most of the times, however it is scary when you receive paper that you need go to war, main question is "what for? I understand if germans were invading us again, or americans were atacking, but here we are invading, and who? Closest slavic country with tonns of relatives"
    My brother said "if i will be drafted , i will shoot my first round of ammo in those who sent me"
    So just sharing mood with you guys.
    Pretty disgusting that some countries in such situation are closing border because of "russian tourism", when people are running from risk to die in Ukraine for nothing, from dictatorship country where you say or do anything against - being sent to war.
    There is very little part of people that for sure will go, but 90% are not supporting any of this, however opression mechanism is so perfectly developed by Putin that very little can be done. There is many things that needs to be in place to protests be real and working, all of it were wiped out by FSB. It is not like protesting in Europe or US. Its more like protesting in north korea. So dont blame those that are scared, you definitely dont understand reality of dictatorship country citizens are dealing with there.
    Last edited by Dentelan; 2022-09-25 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    I dont know anyone that are ready to be drafted, everyone is trying to leave or hiding. Not everyone can leave.
    Argumentation is not fear in most of the times, however it is scary when you receive paper that you need go to war, main question is "what for? I understand if germans were invading us again, or americans were atacking, but here we are invading, and who? Closest slavic country with tonns of relatives"
    My brother said "if i will be drafted , i will shoot my first round of ammo in those who sent me"
    Pretty disgusting that some countries in such situation are closing border because of "russian tourism", when people are running from risk to die in Ukraine for nothing, from dictatorship country where you say or do anything against - being sent to war.
    There is very little part of people that for sure will go, but 90% are not supporting any of this, however opression mechanism is so perfectly developed by Putin that very little can be done. There is many things that needs to be in place to protests be real and working, all of it were wiped out by FSB. It is not like protesting in Europe or US. Its more like protesting in north korea. So dont blame those that are scared, you definitely dont understand reality of dictatorship country citizens are dealing with there.
    Sorry mate but you guys didn't give a shit when you were Orcing your way through Ukraine. You don't get to call anything about countries closing their borders "disgusting" when Russia doesn't respect the borders of its neighbours, you are at best a security risk, at worst invaders masquerading as victims. You won't be finding much sympathy here or anywhere.

If you wanted to do something useful then everyone that gets drafted but doesn't want to die in Ukraine should be throwing their bodies at the Kremlin itself to drag out the man that will destroy your country for the sake of your children.

7+ Year Old Account
    You clearly dont know what you are talking about, and how dictatorship works. But its your opinion, okay.

1+ Year Old Account
    You say that, but there is a ton of footage of street vendors in Russia selling merch with the Z on it.

Why would they do that if no one would want it? I think there are way more Russians in support of anything that Putin does, than even you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Sorry mate but you guys didn't give a shit when you were Orcing your way through Ukraine. You don't get to call anything about countries closing their borders "disgusting" when Russia doesn't respect the borders of its neighbours, you are at best a security risk, at worst invaders masquerading as victims. You won't be finding much sympathy here or anywhere.

If you wanted to do something useful then everyone that gets drafted but doesn't want to die in Ukraine should be throwing their bodies at the Kremlin itself to drag out the man that will destroy your country for the sake of your children.
    Especially with their posting history. Racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and pro-russian military, with a focus on invading ukraine, with an added bonus for claiming that ukraine is responsible for russia shooting down MH-17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

7+ Year Old Account
    I saw only 1 guy with Z shirt and few painted on wall, in city of 7 million people, during all war
    Its really artificial shit almost no one supports

I was watching some news clips yesterday where they were interviewing random people on the street.
    They talk to this old lady, who cheered at the news of mobilization.
    "I would rather have my son die fighting in ukraine." She said, "instead of at home from alcholol poisoning. There is honour in that."

I mean how do you argue with these people, how can you reason with that? Its a real shame what is happening to people who didnt want the war now, but lets not pretend like it all snuck up on them. The people have been letting it get worse and worse for 20 years now.

Serious papers keep talking about them each time Putler mentions them and/or mobilizes his orcs (so they kept talking about them since December).
    Obviously, they talk about that, but I was noticing that it wasn't just mentioning those threats, but after now having read the texts, they also discuss how non-strategic nukes work, how the rhetoric erodes the nuclear (and chemical) taboo - making such use more likely within the next decades, who controls the nuclear button in Russia (likely Putin, Shoigu and Gerasimov; perhaps it needs a majority vote), and also that it wouldn't solve Russia's problems in Ukraine.

It's boring, and only helps fuelling Y̶u̶p̶p̶i̶e̶ the panic.
    It's not only boring, but also dangerous as it erodes that nuclear taboo - both making it more likely that someone will make a bad choice in the coming decades, and also encouraging the other pariahs of the world (N. Korea, Iran) to get (more) nuclear weapons.

As for the second part, to quote "They argue that nationalist-populist leaders, a category in which they include Messrs Putin, Trump and Modi, are more likely to speak irresponsibly about nuclear weapons (after giving such examples). Machismo might be an issue, as might the sort of taste for shock and flirting with the unsayable seen in edgelords online."

7+ Year Old Account
    I saw only 1 guy with Z shirt and few painted on wall, in city of 7 million people, during all war
    Its really artificial shit almost no one supports
    Oh hey, I remember you! You were the guy who kept saying that Skripal wasn't poisoned by Russians and was generally defending Russian "interference" in other countries. Funny how quickly support can shift if you are getting called, eh?

Ukraine happens cuz murica crossed redline by making Maidan
    Elections-not proved, no court decision, same with chemical strike in uk.
    His words make sense
    So wheres the proof about Skripals and elections and that it was russia? Same logic)))
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-25 at 07:50 AM.

Closing a border when next to a rogue terrorist nation is the ONLY rational move. It's not just this war either, it's the last 100 years of RuZZland having been hostile terrorist nation. Borders should also remain closed until RuZZia is no more, in any capacity. Enough is enough.

Actually, one step further I might add. Members of a hostile terrorist nation should be detained on sight, and sent back to RuZZland. Not one of their sleeper cell agents should be allowed refuge in the west.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2022-09-25 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.