Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    The bolded ones I would certainly agree with. Kirkian was one of the members of Quel'Lithien so I'd like to think he'd be the last high elf we'd see going back to Quel'Thalas. If he did, I wouldn't have very much respect for him, considering he was exiled because of his principles. It wouldn't look very good if he went crawling back after something went wrong.

Vyrin I'm not sure about. Her husband's story could have inspired her to rethink Silvermoon's direction since the Third War, but she's been a staple of early Alliance questing for nearly two decades, so I wouldn't want to spoil the picture by taking her out of it. Besides she might find it too hard going home without her husband. Staying away from Quel'Thalas might be the best thing for her.

Yeah, I think it's just an unfortunate reality for both sides in the equation and, as you say, it's understandable why Lor'themar might look elsewhere for political alliances. Especially when it makes for more geographical sense for Quel'Thalas to ally with forces with a hub on the same continent (if you remove the Forsaken wedge in between them).

I think that's a very astute assessment regarding Lor'themar's motives going forward. Quel'Thalas is rather isolated at the moment...

Absolutely. Being Sin'dorei is more a political/philosophical position, rather than making one part of a separate Thalassian ethnicity. Any high elf who returned to Quel'Thalas after the events of TBC would probably have to adopt the name blood elf (blue eyes or no) or they would rightly face deep suspicion and probably contempt. Lanesh may very well be such an elf, for example.
    What I would consider most logical development is to Silvermoon officialy leave Horde and remain somewhat neutral to both factions. I mean, they did it twice with the Alliance, it would be well in their nature to do so again. Elves always valued their nation more then greater factions. I mean, after so many years of servisem, you'd expect Horde will provide you with help when Amani encrouches your borders. The fact that sin'dorei had to ask Silver Covenant for help shows they had to be really desperate.

Quel'thalas being independent of the Horde would allow all kinds of thalassian to rejoin their people, which should be his priority. Even void elves should be allowed back, only to be forbiden to enter Quel'danas.

Silvermoon's neutrality would spare elves from ever again contributing to faction wars.

But since we are in MMO, this will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    What I would consider most logical development is to Silvermoon officialy leave Horde and remain somewhat neutral to both factions. I mean, they did it twice with the Alliance, it would be well in their nature to do so again. Elves always valued their nation more then greater factions. I mean, after so many years of servisem, you'd expect Horde will provide you with help when Amani encrouches your borders. The fact that sin'dorei had to ask Silver Covenant for help shows they had to be really desperate.

Quel'thalas being independent of the Horde would allow all kinds of thalassian to rejoin their people, which should be his priority. Even void elves should be allowed back, only to be forbiden to enter Quel'danas.

Silvermoon's neutrality would spare elves from ever again contributing to faction wars.

Yeah, it could certainly make a lot of sense for Quel'Thalas to go neutral and act something like Dalaran. But, as you say, something like that is very unlikely to happen while the Warcraft story is still being told predominantly through an MMO in which Blizzard has stated right up until recently that the faction divide is going nowhere.

The bolded ones I would certainly agree with. Kirkian was one of the members of Quel'Lithien so I'd like to think he'd be the last high elf we'd see going back to Quel'Thalas. If he did, I wouldn't have very much respect for him, considering he was exiled because of his principles. It wouldn't look very good if he went crawling back after something went wrong.

Vyrin I'm not sure about. Her husband's story could have inspired her to rethink Silvermoon's direction since the Third War, but she's been a staple of early Alliance questing for nearly two decades, so I wouldn't want to spoil the picture by taking her out of it. Besides she might find it too hard going home without her husband. Staying away from Quel'Thalas might be the best thing for her.

Yeah, I think it's just an unfortunate reality for both sides in the equation and, as you say, it's understandable why Lor'themar might look elsewhere for political alliances. Especially when it makes for more geographical sense for Quel'Thalas to ally with forces with a hub on the same continent (if you remove the Forsaken wedge in between them).

I think that's a very astute assessment regarding Lor'themar's motives going forward. Quel'Thalas is rather isolated at the moment...

Absolutely. Being Sin'dorei is more a political/philosophical position, rather than making one part of a separate Thalassian ethnicity. Any high elf who returned to Quel'Thalas after the events of TBC would probably have to adopt the name blood elf (blue eyes or no) or they would rightly face deep suspicion and probably contempt. Lanesh may very well be such an elf, for example.
    Kirkian is now friendly to the horde and asks for help to kill the wretched.

the story of Vyrin and Talithar is sad, they loved each other very much and he died as a hero, it would be good for her to return in honor of her husband's memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I would agree, but the problem is two for me

1) he is a pirate
    2) he has no current contact with the quelthalas government
    Just RP that he do have contact with them. Isimod.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Just RP that he do have contact with them. Isimod.

Hawkspear had a meeting with lortemar. But I would never think that he could fill the position of representative or vereesa who has a friendly relationship with halduron. I think they are characters closely linked to the alliance

Hawkspear had a meeting with lortemar. But I would never think that he could fill the position of representative or vereesa who has a friendly relationship with halduron. I think they are characters closely linked to the alliance
    You can have Gilveradin Sunchaser.
    Whatever...

The more I wait for void elf natural hair colors and styles the more nervous I get I hope Blizzard reads the feedback, as mostly everyone is asking for natural void elf options other than skin and eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    You can have Gilveradin Sunchaser.
    he is one of the characters that I think can be added to quelthalas

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post

I kinda disagree with this, mostly because the longer Quel'thalas is part of the Horde, the stronger their connection becomes; not necessarily on a positive way, but through interdependence; every faction war kinda radicalizes them a bit more against the alliance and closer to the Horde.

I mean it could make sense if it happened, but it's the sort of thing that becomes more unlikely with time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kirkian is now friendly to the horde and asks for help to kill the wretched.

the story of Vyrin and Talithar is sad, they loved each other very much and he died as a hero, it would be good for her to return in honor of her husband's memory.
    I think his "friendliness" is probably just out of desperation. He has witnessed probably everyone he cared about become the thing they were so terrified of becoming that they readily turned their back on their homes in order to avoid such a fate. I think he's just looking for anyone capable of putting them down and giving them peace.

I think he'd be more likely to join the Argent forces than return home.

It would be nice to see Vyrin return home and be proven wrong (Sarah Pine seems to adore giving the Quel'dorei moral superiority over the blood elves), but she's not someone I'm desperate to see back in Silvermoon.

I think his "friendliness" is probably just out of desperation. He has witnessed probably everyone he cared about become the thing they were so terrified of becoming that they readily turned their back on their homes in order to avoid such a fate. I think he's just looking for anyone capable of putting them down and giving them peace.

I think he'd be more likely to join the Argent forces than return home.

It would be nice to see Vyrin return home and be proven wrong (Sarah Pine seems to adore giving the Quel'dorei moral superiority over the blood elves), but she's not someone I'm desperate to see back in Silvermoon.
    Sarah Pine wrote in the shadow of the sun and I think it is one of the best Blood Elves stories out there, the High Elves in that story seemed foolish rather than morally superior and in the end they are now dead for being foolish!

3+ Year Old Account
    how about Adon and the two servants of that human in Aszhara Tower
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy18 View Post
    The more I wait for void elf natural hair colors and styles the more nervous I get I hope Blizzard reads the feedback, as mostly everyone is asking for natural void elf options other than skin and eyes.
    There will 100% be more natural customization options for void elves. Blizzard are not dumb, they know void elves right now need more options to look good aesthetically with pink skin tones. More customization options will be revealed as the alpha continues, including blonde hair.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarah Pine wrote in the shadow of the sun and I think it is one of the best Blood Elves stories out there, the High Elves in that story seemed foolish rather than morally superior and in the end they are now dead for being foolish!
    I certainly agree that ITSOTS is a great and well written story! I just don't like how she is pretty much single-handedly responsible for starting this stupid idea that one of the main reasons for the blood/high elf schism is that the high elves were horrified by the blood elves draining mana from living creatures when presumably almost all of them eat meat. I think it's such a weak position to build the tension from.

3+ Year Old Account
    to be fair only the no-name High Elves are the ones who succumbed to the Wretched curse. Kirkian, Renthar, Adon, and Kriss are all still alive and there's no explicit implication that Aurora also became Wretched
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

New Build is coming!

From early datamined strings (this is my interpretation, may be wrong):
    - Orcs and mag'har orc males got sideburns selection
    - Mag'har orcs got eye color selection.
    - Orc tusk selection is in. Mag'har are getting it too.
    - Orc piercings split into earring and other categories.
    - It seems human males got sideburns, beards and mustaches split
    - Human males got eyebrow selection
    - Blood elf female armbands are in.
    - Void elf females got jewelry color options.
    - Er... Blood Elf Female - Tattoo Color?!? Reminder that this may not be in yet, as it's a single string, not any options listed. But it may indicate something...
    Whatever...

- Er... Blood Elf Female - Tattoo Color?!? Reminder that this may not be in yet, as it's a single string, not any options listed. But it may indicate something...
    I believe this is for the DH tattoos, judging by the tattoo names that were also mined.
    Last edited by Yavi Dawnsong; 2020-07-15 at 06:32 PM. Reason: wrong quote lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yavi Dawnsong View Post
    I believe this is for the DH tattoos, judging by the tattoo names that were also mined.
    Yeah, I may have been too hasty.
    Whatever...

Yeah, I may have been too hasty.
    It's okay, my immediate reaction was like "FARSTRIDER TATTOOS- oh wait...."

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    to be fair only the no-name High Elves are the ones who succumbed to the Wretched curse. Kirkian, Renthar, Adon, and Kriss are all still alive and there's no explicit implication that Aurora also became Wretched
    adon was never part of them

- - - Updated - - -

Void Elf Female - Jewelry Color