Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Putin would be beyond stupid to use nukes as he know he is effectively putting a bullet in the heads of his own kids and any other family he has.
    I'm sure he has bomb shelters for the people he actually cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Not if Putin believes that the West wouldn't retaliate with military force. Something I again emphasize they've repeated numerous times throughout the year that they wouldn't do.

If the West was willing to retaliate they'd say it clearly, if only to deter Putin from actually doing it. Kennedy made it clear during Cuba that he WOULD use nukes if push came to shove.

Now I dearly hope it doesn't come to this, I live in a country bordering Ukraine after all and I don't want to deal with the fallout thank you very much.
    Where are you getting this from?

The US has made it very clear that they have been in contact with Russia numerous times following threats of nuclear weapons that such actions would not be tolerated and that it would have major military consequences.
    "We have been very clear with the Russians publicly and as well as privately to stop the loose talk about nuclear weapons," Secretary of State Blinken said in New York on the margins of the UN General Assembly.

"It's very important that Moscow hear from us and know from us that the consequences would be horrific. And we've made that very clear," he said.

"Any use of nuclear weapons would have catastrophic effects for, of course, the country using them, but for many others as well," Blinken added.

CNN reported on Friday that the State Department was involved in conveying the warnings, and the US may have also relied on sensitive intelligence channels to communicate to the Russians.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if Putin believes that the West wouldn't retaliate with military force. Something I again emphasize they've repeated numerous times throughout the year that they wouldn't do.

If the West was willing to retaliate they'd say it clearly, if only to deter Putin from actually doing it. Kennedy made it clear during Cuba that he WOULD use nukes if push came to shove.

Now I dearly hope it doesn't come to this, I live in a country bordering Ukraine after all and I don't want to deal with the fallout thank you very much.
    you're over looking that even China's fence sitting ass would economically turn on Russia if they used nukes (if only because it would effectively get Russia declared a terrorist state, or something akin to it)
    so no, unless the news is "Ukranian forces are shelling the Kremlin" there wont be nukes.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm sure he has bomb shelters for the people he actually cares about.
    Yeah, I know, and if they survive the war, the come out to a world that will be out of their blood the moment they find out who their family is and that they hid from the destruction in a world where the internet has ensured we all know their name and face.

His family dying would be a mercy compared to them surviving with what would await them. The Russian survivors would kill them, they go to other nations, their people will want them dead or at least the hell away from them because they know the hell that will follow once they were found and so on.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Yeah, I know, and if they survive the war, the come out to a world that will be out of their blood the moment they find out who their family is and that they hid from the destruction in a world where the internet has ensured we all know their name and face.
    I'm pretty sure those things are stocked to supply the inhabitants for years, and have no doubt that they're fairly well hidden/guarded. They live out their life in a gilded cage of daddy's making.

I'm pretty sure those things are stocked to supply the inhabitants for years, and have no doubt that they're fairly well hidden/guarded. They live out their life in a gilded cage of daddy's making.
    Yeah, and anyone who has been stuck in a box long enough, knows that that gilded cage is still a cage.

And everyone in that box would pretty well be stuck there and praying they weren't found. Given a few years like that, they might decide to just kill themselves.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

How do they ensure the loyalty of those who run and guard the place, people who lost their own families? All their money would be meaningless.

Putin and his cronies have looted an obscene amount of wealth and they want to enjoy that. You can't if you are stuck in a bunker.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's when you break out the heavy duty welding equipment. And seal the door shut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I see the much vaunted t62 is proving no better than any other russki tank - in the last couple of days 10 have made it to oryx's list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Or he could pull back and just reinforce Crimea. Cease hostilities. That would let him keep what he got back then, and could prevent even greater loss and humiliation. He'd just have to, you know, be willing to stop.
    Everyone knows Putin can't stop. If he stops and admits defeat he will be next high rancing Russian official who has an unfortunate meeting with a high floor window.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Wasn't there a former NATO General that just said in an interview that NATO forces would absolutely respond with force if Russia used nukes on Ukraine? By his understanding, NATO would move in to quickly remove all Russian forces from Ukraine and the Black Sea.
    Yes, US and NATO would absolutely retaliate nuclear attack... with conventional forces. If Russia nukes anything, every Ruskie on Ukrainian soil must be sent home in tiny tin cans, but using nukes in retaliation is out of the question.

Do you think he IS willing to stop?

If he uses nukes he wipes out Ukraine's military. He wouldn't have to use them near the frontline: Hit their supply centers or level Kiev to the ground.

The rest of the world won't do anything. For all the talk some people might have NATO will not launch a military intervention or start a nuclear exchange with Russia over Ukraine.

Now you can argue with this view, but Biden and others have made it clear: They will not fight Russia for Ukraine. They'll help Ukraine with training and equipment but not troops, and certainly not nukes. They've said it again and again in numerous interviews.

If they were willing to use nukes against Russia over Ukraine they'd say that directly.
    If you think the US wont strike back against Russia for using nukes you're delusional. Not only have they already said they would, but letting nukes get used without a proper response defeats the entire concept of MAD and nuclear deterrents. If you're just going to let people use them whenever they want just because it's against a different country than yours, then MAD doesn't work. There is no point in having a nuclear deterrent if it doesn't deter.

All this talk is irrelevant anyway because nukes will never be used, not by Putin not by anyone. Because you know... MAD. All this nuclear bullshit in the last few days is simple scaremongering nothing more.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yes, US and NATO would absolutely retaliate nuclear attack... with conventional forces. If Russia nukes anything, every Ruskie on Ukrainian soil must be sent home in tiny tin cans, but using nukes in retaliation is out of the question.
    That's not the rhetoric the US has been using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Russia has started sending export models of the t90 to the front due to heavy losses.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...iGlyrebpHWDyGw

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia has started sending export models of the t90 to the front due to heavy losses.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...iGlyrebpHWDyGw
    So...what's the turnaround time on training a tank crew?

Right now probably 3 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how fast the missile moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

ayyy lmao. But hey - conscripts have previous experience! On paper.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Well, I hope they have better luck than the Taliban did with their attempt to fly a Black Hawk helicopter. I mean, not really, but enough that these conscripts who spent all their money on a helmet and sleeping bag don't blow themselves up, but just like...disable their vehicle out of incompetence and then surrender.

America has made it quite clear, as quoted elsewhere, that nukes are a red line, and Putin knows it. Biden and co. won't go full "we'll nuke you too" but they don't need to. Every higher up in Russia is well aware that any funny business with nuclear weapons, especially ones powerful enough to actually turn the course of the war which would require nuking several key positions and likely level Kiev itself, will be met with -at the very best- a conventional attack that Russia can hardly defend itself from given how vastly superior NATO armament and training has proven to be even in foreign hands. So what then, they let themselves be conventionally bombed back into the stone age? Or retaliate with nukes at NATO cities and 100% get turned into glass? Again, I ask, what's the endgame here? What's the actual point?

The fact that Putin took a risky gamble when he invaded Ukraine and lost really doesn't mean he now has a finger on the big red button and looking for an excuse to press it. Or if he had, he'd have done so ages ago when it became clear his war of conquest had stalled.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

day 1 to press the forward button, day 2 to press the fire button, day 3 to teach what to do if the tank catches fire and you can't get out.