Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? You didn't have to be a part of the SS to be a Nazi. Hitler and Goebbels weren't part of the SS either; were they not Nazis?

The Wehrmacht fought to defend the Nazi Reich and its principles, and further its goals. They were, every single last one of them, Nazis by definition.

Literally all you're doing is engaging in Nazi apologism at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between satisfaction that criminal invaders of a sovereign nation were killed in action by defenders of said nation, and being gleeful about it. I'll agree that the latter is gross, but satisfaction with that outcome is absolutely justified.
    Sure but there has been alot of very borderline gleeful joy here. One of the reasons why I hate people useing the term orc it allows people to more readily dehumanize, exact same thing that happens in WW2 with labeling Japanese as rats ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    The Whermacht soldiers were not SS, though the Whermacht also did horrible things and committed war crimes.
    No idea what the SS has to do with this discussion as the terminology of Nazi Soldier is generally applied to both Wehrmacht and SS.

Nevermind that the bulk of conscription was obviously into the Wehrmacht.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Sure but there has been alot of very borderline gleeful joy here. One of the reasons why I hate people useing the term orc it allows people to more readily dehumanize, exact same thing that happens in WW2 with labeling Japanese as rats ect.
    Exceptionally dehumanizing terms for exceptionally violent, murderous, raping hordes of animals who willfully take part in mass destruction of a sovereign nation, with no regrets even if part of them fled the mobilization to the West they so much hate, continuing their verbal diarrhea at the safe havens.

I have no problems calling nazi russians with terms like orc. Nor do I give a shit if I see a videoclip of them dying for real, in a great ball of fire.

If that makes me somehow a bad person, I'll gladly be the worst person on this planet. But that's a hard contest, I am at my PC, not raping civilians and then killing them (or in reverse order).

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No idea what the SS has to do with this discussion as the terminology of Nazi Soldier is generally applied to both Wehrmacht and SS.

Nevermind that the bulk of conscription was obviously into the Wehrmacht.
    And it is wrong. SS were Nazi soldiers, Wehrmacht were German soldiers. Obviously, some were Nazis as well. But I know that nuance and precision is something hard to understand.

You can feel bad about a bunch of people dieing when the only options they had where "run and likely get shot by your own side", "attack your officers and likely get shot and die" or "dig the hole you where told to and maybe die ". It dosnt change the fact that killing the necessity of Ukraine defending itself but does mean we shouldn't take some twisted glee from it.
    I take twisted glee from it because those very same people absolutely made their (death)bed and now get to lie in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Exceptionally dehumanizing terms for exceptionally violent, murderous, raping hordes of animals who willfully take part in mass destruction of a sovereign nation, with no regrets even if part of them fled the mobilization to the West they so much hate, continuing their verbal diarrhea at the safe havens.

I have no problems calling nazi russians with terms like orc. Nor do I give a shit if I see a videoclip of them dying for real, in a great ball of fire.

If that makes me somehow a bad person, I'll gladly be the worst person on this planet. But that's a hard contest, I am at my PC, not raping civilians and then killing them (or in reverse order).
    You do get this is the kind of attitude that does alot of the work to justify things like firebombing Tokyo or interment camps right?

You do get this is the kind of attitude that does alot of the work to justify things like firebombing Tokyo or interment camps right?
    Nay, because we have already learned from the past. We're not calling for taking peoples of russian origin to death camps, or otherwise hunting them in the western nations.

We're calling for extermination of every single nazi russian invader on Ukrainian soil. And restoration of Ukraine's borders back to 1991 post-Soviet collapse.

Can't blame people for developing extreme vengeance towards all russians when we see their collaborators posting in this very thread at times, in addition to all civilian mass graves being discovered when liberating areas.

Besides, it IS war. Russia is actively bombing civilians. Why should Ukraine not do the same against their nation? As in, shooting missiles into Russia proper. Military targets
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-11-06 at 06:40 PM.

And it is wrong. SS were Nazi soldiers, Wehrmacht were German soldiers. Obviously, some were Nazis as well. But I know that nuance and precision is something hard to understand.
    ...what nuance?

Mate, you brought up the SS for no reason.
    The reason why i bring this up is point out that there is little moral difference between a Wehrmacht soldier getting blown up in the Soviet Union and a Russian solder blown up in Ukraine.
    Can't glorify one, but then cry over the other.

...what nuance?

Mate, you brought up the SS for no reason.
    The reason why i bring this up is point out that there is little moral difference between a Wehrmacht soldier getting blown up in the Soviet Union and a Russian solder blown up in Ukraine.
    Can't glorify one, but then cry over the other.
    When did I glorify anyone ?

When did I glorify anyone ?
    I'm repeating myself by saying that Russia certainly does and the world in general does not shed any tears over the Nazi soldiers killed in actions.

I'm repeating myself by saying that Russia certainly does and the world in general does not shed any tears over the Nazi soldiers killed in actions.
    And when did I say I cared about what Russia does ?

I think you' ve made that point abundantly clear.

You argue that we shouldn't be happy about Russian soldiers dying, i then present to you the fact that their situation isn't that different to what german citizen faced when they were conscripted into the Wehrmacht during WW2.

Which means, if we're supposed to feel sorry for Russian soldiers, then you also have to give the same treatment to dead German soldiers during WW2, which i believe most people are not okay with because they fought for an evil maniac.

And frankly, the harsh truth is simply that every dead russian soldier brings Ukraine closer to victory.
    That is unfortunate but neither Ukraine, nor the West created this situation, so that's how it is and thus, outside of a purely human standpoint, i do not feel sorry for these people - just the same as most people feel about german soldiers in WW2.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-11-06 at 07:54 PM.

You argue that we shouldn't be happy about Russian solderis dying, i then present to you the fact that their situation isn't that different to what german citizen faced when they were conscripted into the Wehrmacht during WW2.

Which means, if we're supposed to feel sorry for Russian soldiers, then you also have to give the same treatment to dead German soldiers during WW2, which i believe most people are not okay with because they fought for an evil maniac.

And frankly, the harsh truth is simply that every dead russian soldier brings Ukraine closer to victory.
    That is unfortunate but neither Ukraine, nor the West created this situation, so that's how it is and thus, outside of a purely human standpoint, i do not feel sorry for these people - just the same as most people feel about german soldiers in WW2.
    You are free to have no value nor morals and I am free to say I do not agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, that's just the myth of the "clean Wehrmacht"; an argument used post-WWII to protect and defend literal Nazis. No reasonable person has accepted that bullshit in better than 30 years. Stop pushing Nazi apologism as if it's an argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are free to have no value nor morals and I am free to say I do not agree with that.
    And now of course being happy that murderous orc invaders are getting fucked means we "have no value nor morals". Fortunately, you are always here with your obnoxious "moral superiority" to show us the way. But in reality no one shares no cares about your tears over dead ruskies. Why aren't you here when we talk about yet another mass graves recovered or kindergartens shelled? You seem to activate only to put doubt on Ukrainian chances or throw shade at others here with your misguided morals.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-11-06 at 08:15 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And now of course being happy that murderous orc invaders are getting fucked means we "have no value nor morals". Fortunately, you are always here with your obnoxious "moral superiority" to show us the way. But in reality no one shares no cares about your tears over dead ruskies. Why aren't you here when we talk about yet another mass graves recovered or kindergartens shelled? You seem to activate only to put doubt on Ukrainian chances or throw shade at others here with your misguided morals.
    Don't forget he lays the majority blame of the Russian invasion on the US, ahead of Russia itself.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

During WW2 a common saying here in the UK was: The only good German is a dead German! They all got tarred with the same brush due to the actions of the Nazi's.

While Ukrainians are still being killed the same could be said for the Russian troops inside Ukraine, not many people outside of Russia have any sympathy for them. If you want to talk about morals, question the morals of the people who sent them to die in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Don't forget he lays the majority blame of the Russian invasion on the US, ahead of Russia itself.
    Not even close to what I said or implied. But keep trying, you'll get there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    During WW2 a common saying here in the UK was: The only good German is a dead German! They all got tarred with the same brush due to the actions of the Nazi's.

While Ukrainians are still being killed the same could be said for the Russian troops inside Ukraine, not many people outside of Russia have any sympathy for them. If you want to talk about morals, question the morals of the people who sent them to die in the first place.
    And those who sent them to die are not the ones doing the dying. Again, not what I said or implied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He's just another tankie upset people aren't showing respect for people that made a choice to go along with Russian imperialism and ending up face down in the dirt from it.

Russians being so servile to the crap of their government is how we got here in the first place.