Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    2. Fuck appearance. We want high elves for the lore. If all people wanted was to play a blood elf, they'd be playing blood elves.
    How do you consolidate this statement with the existence of multiple forum threads and sentiments that void elves ought to get 'normal skin colors' to look like high/belves? This would invalidate the lore thing utterly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    How do you consolidate this statement with the existence of multiple forum threads and sentiments that void elves ought to get 'normal skin colors' to look like high/belves? This would invalidate the lore thing utterly.
    On this point, I would like to say that void elves should get lighter skin tones independently from high elves. If, and big IF, high elves were made playable, void elves should still get lighter skin tones. It would just be a brilliant way to add more variety. I am thinking something like this:

Skin tones that are a lot lighter, but still present some visual indications that the character you are looking at is a void elf (such as the dark eyeliner or maybe some residual Void energy in the arms). Very similar to Alleria. Lorewise this can be justified as a result of the void elves making progress in researching the knowledge found in their home, Telogrus Rift.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post

am i the only one that sees a blood elf dk. giving void elves light skin just turns them into a high/blood elf. this just proves it is all about getting a light skinned and majestic elf for the alliance and nothing to do with "the lore"

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    If, and big IF, high elves were made playable, void elves should still get lighter skin tones.
    high elves are already playable. what isnt playable is alliance high elves. what would be the point of creating void elves and then giving them light skin to look identical to blood elves. kind of defeats the whole point doesnt it
    Last edited by bdlovelace; 2019-09-29 at 09:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because most people who say that are saying it under the context of "if we can't get actual High Elves". Look at Kyphael a few posts back. Look at some of the recent posts saying "well if faction cooperation of some sort happens then giving Blood Elves blue eyes would be a step in the right direction" (paraphrasing) that posters are saying here and elsewhere.

It's all under the context of getting an actual compromise because clearly anyone who's still coming here or elsewhere to say they want High Elves do not consider Void Elves adequate in that regard.

And the funny thing is unlike other requests they're not alone in that regard as places like Wowhead, content creators/media peeps like T&E and RedShirtGuy even commented on the poor statement made during that April Q&A. Hell even someone like SoulSoBreezy made a video about how potentially High Elves can happen despite disclosing how "FOR THE HORDE" he is.

Ielenia is right, if people truly wanted to play a Blood Elf they'd just roll one.

It's the same dumb ass logic in trying to tell someone if they wanted to play a Dark Iron Dwarf then just choose the charcoal skin/red eyes combo on Bronzebeard Dwarves.

Or those players asking to play Alterac Humans on the Horde, or the pirate allies of Horde in BfA.

People want the specific lore that goes with those additions, but they'll make do for what's available as long as it actually closely resembles what was asked for.

Mag'har Orcs are a great prime example of this. There's players who complain that "these aren't the Mag'har from Outland, but from WoD - they don't carry the stories of those Mag'har" but at least they can still make do because the major points are hit: Uncorrupt Orc in the Horde.

You don't get this situation with the Blood Elves nor the Void Elves. Because the High Elf request was never about "I want to play a Thalassian elf" but always "I want to play a Thalassian that's been loyal to the Alliance and never gave in to their magic withdrawal."

With Blood Elves, you have elves that aren't Alliance and gave in to "corruption" (aka Fel Magic use) and became mana vampires essentially.

With Void Elves, you basically are playing Blood Elves that decided to go down Void Magic instead of Fel.

Neither encompass the major points for High Elves: Alliance loyal and uncorrupted. That's the story the majority of those asking for High Elves want to play. Until Blood Elves or Void Elves can offer that, people will be asking for High Elves.

Just like people ask for Wildhammer Dwarves, Forest Trolls, San'layn/Darkfallen, Red Eredar, Alterac Humans, etc etc.

Also, all that aside, WoW is a vast game with a vast playerbase with immensely varying degrees of likes/dislikes. No request is going to be 100% cohesive or liked or disliked. That's just the nature of the beast. "How come some people want this and others dont???" isn't a compelling argument as that argument can be made about everything.

I can say "why is transmog in the game if multiple forum threads are saying they hate it?!" because it doesn't take a genius to realize if tmog is still here then the vast majority don't hate it over the minority that complain about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, tell me when the # of threads asking for "Void Elf normal skin colors" outnumber those asking for actual Alliance High Elves. Then you can make more sense with your statement.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Because most people who say that are saying it under the context of "if we can't get actual High Elves". Look at Kyphael a few posts back. Look at some of the recent posts saying "well if faction cooperation of some sort happens then giving Blood Elves blue eyes would be a step in the right direction" (paraphrasing) that posters are saying here and elsewhere.
    if you cant get alliance high elves, why would you get void elves with light skin which would be identical to a high/blood elf

as to your blue eyed blood elf reference, that is actually likely to happen as they already exist. we know from an ask cdev the fel taint is temporary it just takes a while to wear off. moorgard, wow senior narative designer, even elaborated on blue eyed blood elf NPCs recently, so they are not a "mistake"

https://twitter.com/Moorgard/status/1174787595542433792

since the sunwell is now a holy/arcane mixture, the potential for blue eyes is there for arcane mages, just like priests and paladins with golden eyes

https://twitter.com/Moorgard/status/1017104558462386176

I want to play a Thalassian that's been loyal to the Alliance and never gave in to their magic withdrawal.
    they did give in to their withdrawal. they lived in dalaran a city filled with ambient arcane energy and artifacts. they just didnt drain from a mana wyrm and probably had a much easier time feeding their addiction. the only elves rumored to have the willpower to cold turkey might be the lodge elves, how they coped is up in the air. blood elves were never "corrupted" by fel, kaels most loyal followers who went with him were "corrupted" and became felblood elves

Also, tell me when the # of threads asking for "Void Elf normal skin colors" outnumber those asking for actual Alliance High Elves. Then you can make more sense with your statement.
    they probably do outnumber them because in each alliance high elf thread the void elf light skin request can also be found, just like in this one
    Last edited by bdlovelace; 2019-09-30 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    As I said, it's entirely retconned since High elves are no longer a dying race. In every expansion you will see and meet high elves, wether you like it or not.
    That doesn't mean they are no longer a dying race. Case in point, the passenger pigeon was still being seen everywhere before it began to wane and disappear. Saying "well we see them around" is a poor argument given
    1. It has only been...what? 12 years?
    2. High elves live as long as 3k years.
    They will be around for sometime, it does not mean they won't exist anymore.
    And Elisandre isn't a Lore master. She lived under a shield during 10K years until she bit the dust but yeeee she knows the high elf population perfectly well. This is more a taunt or a joke because Vereesa was there than a reality, but again you bring it up because it suits your arguments.
    She was being honest, because she had the eye of aman'thul which allowed her to look through the timelines and see what transpires and who would come before her as well as what happens to them. She states this during the raid. If your 10k argument held any weight, she would have been baffled at who arrived, not spoken of each and every group specifically as well as what they were doing, such as Vereesa, who has 2 half breed children.

Your informations are still outdated.
    And yet it has not been retconned, contradicted, or demonstrated otherwise by official lore. You can keep screaming the word outdated, but that does not mean anything when again, there is nothing to demonstrate a contradiction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
    they did give in to their withdrawal. they lived in dalaran a city filled with ambient arcane energy and artifacts. they just didnt drain from a mana wyrm and probably had a much easier time feeding their addiction. the only elves rumored to have the willpower to cold turkey might be the lodge elves, how they coped is up in the air. blood elves were never "corrupted" by fel, kaels most loyal followers who went with him were "corrupted" and became felblood elves
    Not every High Elf lives in Dalaran. Not the ones in Stormwind, Theramore, those in Boralus, etc etc. You even mention the Highvale. Bringing up Dalaran High Elves in this case is moot.

High Elves didn't give in to their withdrawal.

they probably do outnumber them because in each alliance high elf thread the void elf light skin request can also be found, just like in this one
    This logic makes no sense. But then again, a lot of your posts don't.

I guess by that virtue the amount of post against classic outnumbered posts in those threads for classic. Oh look at that, guess the "posts in a thread" don't equate to the actual existence of threads.

Not gonna waste any more time, especially with an apparent long-time lurker. Nice to know though that people follow my and Kai's conversations

Not every High Elf lives in Dalaran. Not the ones in Stormwind, Theramore, those in Boralus, etc etc. You even mention the Highvale. Bringing up Dalaran High Elves in this case is moot.
    Where did you get this notion?
    The silver Covenant lives in Dalaran, they don't make up all high elves either, so I am not sure where your response makes sense here. Can you go into detail?
    High Elves didn't give in to their withdrawal.
    Yes they did. It is stated in a northrend quest they were tapping artifacts for magic.
    It is stated by the quees in shadow of the sun that they were using mana tap to deal with their withdrawals.
    It is stated by the encyclopedia only a few high elf individuals remained cold turkey.
    You are going on a false belief.

This logic makes no sense. But then again, a lot of your posts don't.
    Just because it does not make sense to you, does not mean it makes no sense. Don't be rude.
    I guess by that virtue the amount of post against classic outnumbered posts in those threads for classic. Oh look at that, guess the "posts in a thread" don't equate to the actual existence of threads.

Not gonna waste any more time, especially with an apparent long-time lurker. Nice to know though that people follow my and Kai's conversations
    It is simply a fact of the matter that the forums don't matter eitherway. They become echo chambers, and when people go against the echo, they get angry and passive aggressive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Can you go into detail?
    Nah, I'll pick and choose who and when to reply to, just like some of the other recent forum accounts are doing. Are the official forums too boring now or something?

Replying to Kai takes enough effort (haven't even responded to his recent post yet), I have no wish to engage with bait posts from multiple fresh accounts any further that just lead to circular arguing. Re-read through the thread for an extensive discussion on topics that are brought up that have been brought up before.

There's better use of my time elsewhere.

3+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get this notion?
    The silver Covenant lives in Dalaran, they don't make up all high elves either, so I am not sure where your response makes sense here. Can you go into detail?
    i think he means the 2 in SW and 4 added in most recent content(BFA)

not sure what he meant by theramore. last i checked they are dead

i guess if you count valeera thats 5. just appearing as anduin arm candy in cinematics shes been more relevant then the boralus portal keeper

The questline where the Horde is having a civil war and both alliance and Horde are working together again?
    There is also only 1 high elf present...and Vereesa has a non-speaking role.
    I cannot agree with your assertion.
    Alliance high elf siege machinery and the Alliance's high elven leader are present within a very important event that ties up the war campaign between the factions. Alliance high elves have been present in the Suramar campaign aswell and, going further back, in both MoP and WotLK too, at equally(if not more) important scenarios.

You're free to disagree with my "assertion" because what I've made is just a simple, objective observation about both their presence and unplayability; that objective observation boils down to them indeed being present in many of the Alliance's most important moments and them being unplayable. Something that isn't core to a faction's identity wouldn't and shouldn't be present wherever said faction goes and, more specifically, whenever something big is happening for/to that faction. If something is however present and in a capacity that far outshines some other races that are already playable, while still remaining unplayable itself, then I have to question Blizzard's logic from the ground up.

There is quite clearly a lot of dissonance within Blizzard when it comes to high elves because if their presence within the Alliance and their history with it haven't been enough to make them playable, then they should - at least in scenarios like these - be replaced by races that quite clearly seem to mean more to the Alliance because they're actually playable. For some very odd reason Blizzard keeps throwing in high elven aesthetics and characters wherever the Alliance goes for the past 15 years, but at the same time isn't willing to aknowledge this through means of playability.

The point of what I'm trying to say above being.. if they're not going to be playable, then sideline them for good and give races that are actually playable more screentime instead as it seems like a waste of racial, faction-based representation during important events like these. Players who keep asking for playable Alliance high elves aren't unreasonable because Blizzard keeps giving them more and more reasons to ask for them. Blizzard is continously pushing Alliance high elves into the forefront to no logical end in the first place.

High elves, which were an Alliance-affiliated race at the start of WoW, were given in the form of blood elves to the Horde as a playable race, who were then given to the Alliance as a playable race in their void elven form, only so Blizzard can continously cram Alliance high elves - as we know them from the get go some 15 years ago - into important scenarios and events. It all makes asbolutely zero sense and no one but Blizzard is to blame for this.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-09-30 at 01:39 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Alliance high elf siege machinery and the Alliance's high elven leader are present within a very important event that ties up the war campaign between the factions
    its not an accident vereesa appears after the factions are working together. she could have been hanging on to allerias arm on the boat from the very beginning but she wasnt. she was raising children in dalaran. and we all know the context of which she appears in; a windrunner sister with 0 speaking lines. not an invisible alliance high elf army
    Last edited by bdlovelace; 2019-09-30 at 02:39 AM.

its not an accident vereesa appears after the factions are working together. she could have been hanging on to allerias arm on the boat from the very beginning but she wasnt. she was raising children in dalaran. and we all know the context of which she appears in; a windrunner sister with 0 speaking lines
    The Alliance high elven ballistae were then also present in a Windrunner context I assume? If you boil Vereesa's presence down to being a Windrunner, present merely because of her connection to Sylvanas, then we could also boil down Lor'themar's presence to being a Farstrider in the context of Sylvanas and not an actual representative of the Horde. The point being that context in this case means very little when Alliance high elven presence is spread throughout every single WoW installment in the past 15 years and it almost always boiled down to more than a "Windrunner sister" context. Blizzards decisions when it comes to this are poorly thought out.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-09-30 at 01:47 AM.

Its neveeeeeeeer gonna happeeeeeeeeen.

You're using the notion of not receiving a straight no, as a means of saying there is a possibility. If someone states you have a one in a million chance of dating them, then its no.
    Except we don't know if it's "one in a million" chance, do we? You're the one making that comparison. And yes, them not giving us a 'straight no' does mean there is a possibility. You are twisting Ion's words in that regard.

Ion made it clear if you wished for the pale blonde, lithe, noble elf, you need to go Horde.
    Except I don't want to play a blood elf. I want to play a high elf, the race that is currently unavailable to the player at the moment.

Based on lore, they cannot look different. If you care for lore, you would respect this aspect.
    Yes, they can. There is already lore present within the game that supports the idea that both groups could be different.

It is very clearly going against it given their appearance in WC2, WC3, and Warcraft has remained the same and been established since their origins.
    Um... excuse you? BEs/HEs looked the exact same as NEs until TBC came along. Saying that it "goes against their appearance since they first showed up" is just plain false considering the Thalassian elves already went through aesthetic changes in the game.

Suggesting it is an expansion of lore is a flimsy excuse to break it.
    There is no "breaking of lore". What is "breaking the lore", though, is suggesting blue-eye cosmetics for the blood elves.

For no reason at all, high elves are different in appearance despite coming from the same region? For no reason at all, these differences don't show in blood elves? Come on. That is not a logical argument.
    There are reasons. If you read my posts, you'd know them. I've already mentioned them several times.

So...void elves? They are altered.
    But they're not high elves. They're blood elves.

Pr is important to them.
    Then the void elves cannot be said to be made with the intention of being a compromise.

You get some of what you want, a thalassian elf, and some of what you don't want, which is an altered thalassian elf.
    We got absolutely ZERO of what we asked for, since void elves are blood elves, not high elves.

What were blood elves called in the past? You are trying to argue semantics. Let alone if you play the recruitement quest, the research was done for the sake of Quel'thalas, not the Horde.
    And Quel'Thalas is part of the Horde. They didn't do this to help the Alliance, or the high elves. Umbric and his team are blood elves, not high elves.

There is not enough lore or lore gaps.
    There are more than enough possibilities. I've mentioned some, like fel corruption and withdrawal consequences

For one, there are warrior classes in both political groups. So a different build does not work. Posture arguments don't work because the way you stand =/= not enough reason. Everyone stands differently dude. That yis reaching.
    Blood elves could not be warriors when they were implemented. That can be used to support the hypothesis that fel radiation made the blood elves' body weaker, and together with the possibility that high elves could have taken to physical exercise to help their bodies withstand the physical pains and effects from magic withdrawal can lead to a difference in build and/or posture.

Second, most blood elves did not feed on fel magic. So you are wrong in this aspect.
    Wrong. Silvermoon was littered with fel crystals that radiated fel magic. So even if the blood elf did not consciously feed on fel magic, he or she was still being affected by it. Why do you think they had green eyes? Colored eye drops?

You are also incorrect to suggest the fel magic immediately weakens you.
    "Infusion with fel magic, also called fel corruption, can manifest with positive effects in which case it can be considered a gift, or a blessing, like that of the eredar, or with negative ones in which case it can be considered a curse. Physical transformation normally ensues, such as a change to an individual's eyes or skin color, or heavy genetic mutations such as growth of demonic traits like spikes, scales, and horns. Negative corruption tends to lead to physical or mental deterioration, as happened with the draenei that turned into Broken and Lost Ones, or as happened with boars turned into enraged hellboars."

And I never said fel magic immediately weakens you.

Aesthetics is an important aspect. If it wasn't important to you, then you would request for void elves to expand their lore to include high elves. Which works.
    Void elves are not high elves. They're blood elves. If Umbric and his team were high elves from Dalaran or the Silver Covenant or any other high elf group, I'd be happy.

Not false at all. Read my previous response above.
    Exceptions to the rule does not disprove it in this case, it only enforces it. So no. Fringe groups dont mean you can play a race on the alliance.
    It's not exceptions. It's the rule. A given race made playable does not mean all groups of said race suddenly band together. It didn't happen with any of the races in the game, so why would high elves be the exception?

Void elves are your version of a high elf.
    No, they're just a version of blood elves. And we don't want blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Third paragraph in the very post you quoted.

And no, it doesn't invalidate the lore, at all. Giving new lore does not mean to invalidate the already established lore.

Once again, I'm in the neutral zone, leaning towards pro regarding playable high elves. They can either turn them all into void elves and open up high elf customization options, kill them off, or figure out an interesting way to make them playable in the Alliance. Ever heard of unification? Anyway, I have two things to say.

I see people mention appearance quite often. Yes. I know, high elves are blood elves, but a slightly different flavor. Same skin colors, hair colors, and all that jazz. However, nothing is preventing the developers from expanding the high elven story. The story is always changing, their story could easily change down the road. What's wrong with making them an allied race, not now but later, offering a few different and similar skin tones, war paint and tattoos, as well as different hairstyles, like the void elves?

Also, I'm tired of people saying supporting races in general are "flavor NPCs". I see this on the official forums often. No, they are so much more than that. If you say that you are ignorant. Are you all saying people who want to play Wildhammer dwarves, broken, jinyu, furbolg, ogres, forest trolls, taunka, and so on are obsolete? If the race is already part of the Alliance or Horde in some capacity, they SHOULD be playable. More cosmetic options and a more immersive world never hurt anybody.

am i the only one that sees a blood elf dk. giving void elves light skin just turns them into a high/blood elf. this just proves it is all about getting a light skinned and majestic elf for the alliance and nothing to do with "the lore"

high elves are already playable. what isnt playable is alliance high elves. what would be the point of creating void elves and then giving them light skin to look identical to blood elves. kind of defeats the whole point doesnt it
    I already explained why from a lore perspective void elves could have this skin variant available to them. And this is a hastily-done edit, obviously the final product would be more polished and distinct.
    Except it doesn't, because I already explained that aside from the fact they could still have residual Void energy in their limbs, and anyway in combat they'd still have their Void form passive proc. If at that point you still couldn't distinguish between a void elf and a blood elf, you'd need glasses my dude.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Nah, I'll pick and choose who and when to reply to, just like some of the other recent forum accounts are doing. Are the official forums too boring now or something?

Replying to Kai takes enough effort (haven't even responded to his recent post yet), I have no wish to engage with bait posts from multiple fresh accounts any further that just lead to circular arguing. Re-read through the thread for an extensive discussion on topics that are brought up that have been brought up before.

There's better use of my time elsewhere.
    Maybe you should take a break if people speaking to you irks you so greatly. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    snip for space
    The reason I disagree isn't the notion that they have a part to play, but that the part they ply is for the alliance specifically. The high elves were not at all present throughout the entire campaign, and their leaders only appeared in the final moment where both horde and alliance united again to take on another foe, which was Sylvanas. Given it was also their sister, it makes sense for them to be present. In each of the expansions you listed, the only onewhere they ever took part against the Horde was in MoP, and that storyline was closed up after Vereesa shifted her blamer onto Garrosh. So the notion of the high elves being alliance based doesn't really work given they have no participation to speak of in the campaign.

Now I understand it would make better sense to sideline them entirely, but they won't do such a thing. Look at the Hozen, the Gilblins, the Jinyu (ankoan), they have constantly appeared in friendly manners to assist horde/alliance respectively, but that does not mean they wil be playable. It simply means they want to say "hey these races still exist and sometimes they help." because it makes the world look more alive. If all you ever saw were orcs and humans despite their being 10+ other races, it becomes a very questionable design does it not?

Except we don't know if it's "one in a million" chance, do we? You're the one making that comparison. And yes, them not giving us a 'straight no' does mean there is a possibility. You are twisting Ion's words in that regard.
    No, its because I recognize a platitude when I see one. Do you really believe a business is going to tell its customers a flat no on anything? Considering Ion's words about a pale blonde elf, it should have been more than clear high elves just is not going to happen. Not when they've already given the theme to the Horde.

Except I don't want to play a blood elf. I want to play a high elf, the race that is currently unavailable to the player at the moment.
    WHat were blood elves called before they renamed themselves?
    Your proper argument should be "I just want the high elf race playable for the alliance", because they are playable through the Horde. To repeatedly make this statement is simply disingenuous because blood elves and high elves are the same race.

Yes, they can. There is already lore present within the game that supports the idea that both groups could be different.
    Really? Cite the lore which suggests it then please.

Um... excuse you? BEs/HEs looked the exact same as NEs until TBC came along. Saying that it "goes against their appearance since they first showed up" is just plain false considering the Thalassian elves already went through aesthetic changes in the game.
    This is not a valid argument. The appearance of both Night elves and High elves was shown in WC 3 and demonstrated the two races had significantly differnt appearances.
    World of Warcraft was rushed in its initial inception and many of the designs intended did not make it into the game until much later on.
    This argument is the same silly one that says Sylvanas looked like a night elf,even though this was purely a placeholder. Let us be logical.

There is no "breaking of lore". What is "breaking the lore", though, is suggesting blue-eye cosmetics for the blood elves.
    How is it breaking lore when you have multiple blood elves with blue eyes? It sounds more like you are being obstinate.

There are reasons. If you read my posts, you'd know them. I've already mentioned them several times.
    I am not digging through hundreds of posts to find the one where you explain it. You made an assertion. You need to support it.

But they're not high elves. They're blood elves.
    And what were blood elves called before they renamed themselves? You got what you want, you just don't like how it looks.

Then the void elves cannot be said to be made with the intention of being a compromise.
    Despite being an obvious compromise. They are high elves with a skin/hair color change. Anyone can see that.

We got absolutely ZERO of what we asked for, since void elves are blood elves, not high elves.
    ANd again., what were blood elves called before they renamed themselves?

And Quel'Thalas is part of the Horde. They didn't do this to help the Alliance, or the high elves. Umbric and his team are blood elves, not high elves.
    Except for the fact that finding a way to defend the sunwell does not benefit anyone except the high elf race. Seriously, this is like saying Sylvanas' actions clearly were meant to help the blood elves even though they were purely meant for the benefit of herself and the forsaken. You know, because she was part of the Horde. This is an illogical argument to make.

There are more than enough possibilities. I've mentioned some, like fel corruption and withdrawal consequences
    The mass majority of blood elves did not drain fel. This is a fact. So corruption does not apply. We also know the consequences of corruption through fel blood elves, and they are all dead.
    Withdrawal consequences hit both high elves and blood elves equally because they are the same race. This is a fact. So no, neither of these are possibilities without breaking the lore for the sake of giving you what you want.

Blood elves could not be warriors when they were implemented.
    It was explicitly stated by the developers this was for class balancing as when BE were initially created, giving them access to warriors would have given them the most options of any race.

That can be used to support the hypothesis that fel radiation made the blood elves' body weaker, and together with the possibility that high elves could have taken to physical exercise to help their bodies withstand the physical pains and effects from magic withdrawal can lead to a difference in build and/or posture.
    This is purely headcanon on your part which blatantly ignores the fact that the blood elves had the farstriders. Who Vereesa based her group on. So...suddenly...for no reason...high elves are bulkier even though they and the far striders do the same things. This is a really bad reach which does not care about the lore. If all you care about is a name, say you're a high elf who simply never had the chance to reunite with his love in stormwind.

Wrong. Silvermoon was littered with fel crystals that radiated fel magic. So even if the blood elf did not consciously feed on fel magic, he or she was still being affected by it. Why do you think they had green eyes? Colored eye drops?
    I guess the developers who wrote the story were wrong when they stated the majority of blood elves never fed on fel and that the green eyes were purely a cosmetic display of this contamination with no after effects associated with it.
    Let us also ignore the fact that the developers stated the re-ignited sunwell is cleansing the thalassian race of the effects of fel. So that whole argument fails in three different areas. Move on from it and find another justification.

And I never said fel magic immediately weakens you.
    Now you're trying to shift the goal posts. You said it weakens you. Clearly it happens only in some cases such as the broken. Did you play TBC? Felblood elves are what they become when corrupted by it. TBC was 12 years ago and the sunwell reignited so that whole argument has been dead for 12 years. It does not work without breaking lore.

Void elves are not high elves. They're blood elves. If Umbric and his team were high elves from Dalaran or the Silver Covenant or any other high elf group, I'd be happy.
    What were blood elves named before they were called blood elves? You're literally hinging your argument on a title and nothing more.
    If you cared about lore so much, you'd understand Umbric was exiled after TBC but before WotLK, meaning they never took arms against the alliance, and therefore, are in the same position as the quel'lithien high elves who were exiled.
    They're literally blood elves who never went against the alliance, and ergo, have been loyal to the alliance the entire time.
    Literally the avenue is there, and you don't want it. Void elves are the very thing you are suggesting for high elves. They look different.

It's not exceptions. It's the rule. A given race made playable does not mean all groups of said race suddenly band together. It didn't happen with any of the races in the game, so why would high elves be the exception?
    I do not believe you understand what I am saying. I am stating that simply because there are groups who are not a part of the main one, does not mean you get the race because of that fringe group.
    Obviously the intent was most considering my acknowledgement of other races having fringe groups. Each race was designed to basically be a representative of all that races groups. Playing a dwarf? COol, you could argue yourself as a wildhammer since you don't look any different.

No, they're just a version of blood elves. And we don't want blood elves.
    And again, what were blood elves called before they renamed themselves?
    You're playing a game of semantics and being upset no one else wants to give in and play with you.
    And no, it doesn't invalidate the lore, at all. Giving new lore does not mean to invalidate the already established lore.
    "If it gives me a regular skinned elf I am okay with it.".
    You either don't want void elves because they came from blood elves; an argument with no weight; or you have an issue with their aesthetics.
    Which, btw, acknowledging that theirs kin is literally the only difference is a passive acknowledgement of them being a compromise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should take a break if people speaking to you irks you so greatly. Just a thought.
    It’s not irksome. It’s clear you’re looking for circular arguments, no reason to go through that. Have fun though.

Also funny to mention passive aggressiveness of others when this post of yours is a perfect example of it.

It’s not irksome. It’s clear you’re looking for circular arguments, no reason to go through that. Have fun though.

Also funny to mention passive aggressiveness of others when this post of yours is a perfect example of it.
    Hardly, this is transference on your part.