Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Make em a forsaken option then, I have no problems there. The issue though is that there are several races that do not have customization options that allow them to look like their racial leaders. I was merely pointing this out to those who think void elves should be given special treatment that has not been afforded to players of other races who cannot quite look like their racial leaders.

Racial leaders often look different to the PC and this is intentional by blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Until this is shown in game or detailed to us by Blizzard then what you just posted is irrelevant and merely pure speculation (that the playable void elf can or has undergone the same transformation as Alleria). As it currently stands, void elves are created via a different method than Alleria. Despite their different transformation they are all called "rendorei" though, which means "children of the void". So, any playable void elf is a child of the void and their aesthetics should reflect their thematic.
    light undead like calia for forsaken allied race

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The lack of self-awareness is astounding. Dude, you literally just contradicted yourself completely in a single paragraph. You can't eat your cake and still have it. Your assertion that "void elves are created via a different method than Alleria" is just as much speculation as mine.
    Yeah okay but you can't seriously be suggesting that the same method producing two different results is something worth considering. The notion is absurd lmao

You do realize that the void elf starting experience literally shows us how the playable void elf underwent a completely different transformation to Alleria?
    Really? Where is this happening? I've gone through the entire Telogrus Rift, and didn't see any void elf being created. Only high/blood elves standing around, and void elves ALREADY created.

No where is it stated that they are now transforming via different means.
    If you want to go that way, "no where it is stated that they are NOT transforming via different means", and applying a little bit of basic logic here, we can agree that new elves are created though a different process than the one that transformed Umbric's group.

And considering Locus Walker is there, once again, logic dictates that it's much more likely that the new void elves are being created through Locus Walker's teachings, considering he is quite adept at such.

So, like I said, as it stands the playable void elf has undergone a different transformation to Alleria.
    And like I said, you're being a hypocrite because you're stating your headcanon as fact while berating me for offering my headcanon as a possibility.

You are a muppet.
    Insults. The last resort of those without arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Yeah okay but you can't seriously be suggesting that the same method producing two different results is something worth considering. The notion is absurd lmao
    What are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Because its literally a non issue.
    It's anything bug a "non issue".

Visual identity is already muddled within your own faction by means of subraces. Are you fighting a Maghar in full armor, or is it an Orc? You can't tell at all if they wear full armor, and frankly it doesn't matter.
    That's irrelevant because both are orcs. Just like it doesn't matter if a void elf and a blood elf look the same in full armor: they are both thalassian elves. But a forsaken and a blood elf? Those are completely different racial visual identities. Should human players be able to make themselves look like gnomes? Or orcs make themselves look like trolls? Or goblins make themselves look like tauren?

Which is why this idea of "forsaken players should be able to look like Sylvanas" is nonsensical: yes, both are forsaken, but "forsaken" is NOT a race. That's like saying lightforged draenei should be able to look like humans because the leader of the Army of the Light is a human.

Your lore reasoning is already failed you considering you already acknowledge Forsaken as a GROUP that includes Elves amongst their ranks.
    My reasoning did not fail, precisely because I recognize them as a group, not a race.

Your reasons of lore representing Forsaken as humans is as bogus as me saying Dwarf only represents Bronzebeard Dwarves.
    The only "bogus reasoning" her is yours, considering forsaken are dead humans, and dwarves are still dwarves, regardless if they come from Ironforge or the Aerie Peaks.

The lore already has Forsaken as a group that includes more than just humans amongst their ranks, and this was established as far back as Warcraft 3.
    You're confusing the playable Scourge faction in Warcraft 3 with the forsaken playable race in WoW. The forsaken are comprised mostly of humans, which is why you, as a forsaken player, is a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Gaslight all you want, it's not gonna make more people like your diaper gnomes.
    Next I plan to whine incessantly until they add covenant allied races.

That's irrelevant because both are orcs. Just like it doesn't matter if a void elf and a blood elf look the same in full armor: they are both thalassian elves. But a forsaken and a blood elf? Those are completely different racial visual identities. Should human players be able to make themselves look like gnomes? Or orcs make themselves look like trolls? Or goblins make themselves look like tauren?
    Non issues.

What are Forsaken Racials pertaining to? Their state of undeath.

Your examples are bogus. Worgen make themselves look human at will yet share zero of the racials.

Which is why this idea of "forsaken players should be able to look like Sylvanas" is nonsensical: yes, both are forsaken, but "forsaken" is NOT a race. That's like saying lightforged draenei should be able to look like humans because the leader of the Army of the Light is a human.
    Who are you to decide this though? I'm fine if you have the opinion they shouldn't and have your reasons to believe you are right, but your reasons using lore or visual identity are excuses.

What decides whether they should or shouldn't? Certainly not any of your reasons. The Forsaken look as Blizzard wants them to look. If they want to add Broken to the Draenei as a side option within the Draenei race options, they could absolutely do that. I don't think they should, but lets face it, if enough people ask for it they will consider it despite whatever lore makes you think otherwise. I don't think Wildhammer are the same as Bronzebeards physically, but so far Blizzard is bridging them into the Dwarf race.

The only "bogus reasoning" her is yours, considering forsaken are dead humans, and dwarves are still dwarves, regardless if they come from Ironforge or the Aerie Peaks.
    There is no difference. For that matter Kul Tiran should nit look different from Humans, but they do. Yet Wildhammers which we KNOW look different in the lore somehow are the same as Bronzebeard Dwarves? Even Amani have their own models.

You're confusing the playable Scourge faction in Warcraft 3 with the forsaken playable race in WoW. The forsaken are comprised mostly of humans, which is why you, as a forsaken player, is a human.
    Semantics, like I pointed out initially. It is all Forsaken, so the playable race CAN i corporate other than humans if Blizzard wants to do it.

Again, I don't think they should, but I do not see your reasons as being relevant to answering that question. Blizzard has already shown multiple variants of the same race. Customization is getting to the point where you can make a Void Elf be absent of all Void aesthetics and look like a race of the enemy faction, that tells a LOT.

Besides, why wouldn't you consider the option thar people who want a Forsaken Elf option could also be open to having it as a separate allied race within the same Forsaken umbrella, just like suggesting Broken for the Aliiance that is considered Draenei. Any is possible given enough time and demand.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-10-27 at 05:28 AM.

Until this is shown in game or detailed to us by Blizzard then what you just posted is irrelevant and merely pure speculation (that the playable void elf can or has undergone the same transformation as Alleria). As it currently stands, void elves are created via a different method than Alleria. Despite their different transformation they are all called "rendorei" though, which means "children of the void". So, any playable void elf is a child of the void and their aesthetics should reflect their thematic.
    Well, in the same logic, any playable troll should be only jungle troll of Darkspear tribe and their thematics should reflect that and any playable dwarf should be mountain dwarf of Bronzebeard clan and their thematics should reflect that, and yet here we are with sand troll and wildhammer thematics baked into troll and dwarf core races. Devs also told us they intend to expand high elf fantasy on both sides, so it's safe to expect void elves getting more high elf option in the future. The question is how it will be implemented and how Blizzard will chose to differentiate void elves and blood elves after that, because there should be some differences.

The problem is that Blizz is already blurring the lines on both groups. At first, they added all blood elf skins to void elves, which was unneccessary. I guess few natural skin would be just fine, adding all blood elf palette was kind of overkill for me. Tanned and black skin tones do not really fit void elf theme at all, and yet here we are. In the same way, blue hair color themes do not really fit into blood elf theme, it definitely blurs the lines between them and void elves and yet, here we are. I know these colors were imported from blood elf DKs, but still blue hair used to be a feature which was one those which set void elves apart.

Don't forget that devs claimed these new customizations are meant as a way for players to bring their RP better into the reality and it does not need to followed by the lore all the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    light undead like calia for forsaken allied race
    To be honest, I'd rather see San'layn allied race instead. Undead elves are important part of the Horde from the very beginning and players deserve to play as one, especially now when Blizz is opening all these unplayable options like sand trolls and wildhammers.

Light undead are abomination and there should not be many of these. I hope Calia will stay unique exception, not the rule.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-10-27 at 06:32 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Next I plan to whine incessantly until they add covenant allied races.
    perhaps I haven't whined enough for Alteraci Human and perhaps Ogres and Furbolgs

also, it's quite sad and disheartening to see that the same people who clamored for High Elves or at least fair skinned Void Elves are also the ones who want to deny me Alteraci Human
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    perhaps I haven't whined enough for Alteraci Human and perhaps Ogres and Furbolgs

also, it's quite sad and disheartening to see that the same people who clamored for High Elves or at least fair skinned Void Elves are also the ones who want to deny me Alteraci Human
    Am I a joke to you

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-(Fan-Concept)

3+ Year Old Account
    I mean other people lol my necro there is my very first post here
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Playable race" and "actual race" are two very different things.

Except... they are. The player forsaken is a Lordaeron human. You literally start by climbing out of your grave in Lordaeron.

Those "couple of extra lines" completely invalidates your quote-mining. The majority of the forsaken are human, because the forsaken are Lordaeron humans and the rest are just aggregates.

You quoted my question, and yet you completely failed to answer it. I'll repeat: so what if the Mag'har orcs weren't playable back then? They're playable now.

Once again:the time she spent in command of the forsaken is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if she's been their leader for fifteen minutes or fifteen years. It doesn't change the fact that Sylvanas is an elf banshee and the player forsaken is a zombie human.

Then you're tossing basic logic out the window. It doesn't matter if you or others don't care she's not human. It's an important and meaningful detail that cannot be brushed aside.

You mean you can't argue against it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, 'draenei' is just a name for the playable group of eredar. What's your point?

You're comparing a slight difference in height to a completely different body type, here. Wildhammer dwarves are easy to add to the Bronzebeard dwarf player customization because both are dwarves. But Sylvanas is an elf while the player forsaken is a human. And it messes the visual identity of the race.

- - - Updated - - -

Solely due to the process she has undergone.

A process, mind you, that is safely repeatable since Locus Walker has explicitly said that Alleria is not his first student.

A process, mind you, because it is safely repeatable, is the logical step forward to convert elves into void elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably because people have never asked to play as a fat goblin? At least I don't remember seeing anyone asking for it.

It's not, but you're welcome to your opinion. Not that you have disproven my argument in any way.

That's not the point. The point is people's requests.

Maybe. But irrelevant since that was never my claim. But by that same token, black and blue hair colors don't fit the theme of the playable blood elves, but here we are, right?
    Sylvanas is still forsaken like the player character. Your agument here falls flat when you argue over void/high elves. Just stop dude..

They are classified as forsaken and that group is called the forsaken. If you go to races in select screen click on undead and read what it says. Why are you arguing facts??

Listen idk how long this post of yours took with all the bolded parts what I dont get.. I mean its not making your argue stronger in anyway.

I also still dont get what you are making a fuzs about. You cant stop the requests , which is also not your job. Who are you lol and what is stopping you from asking that stupid turayon bit again.. which I explained. You dont have a point here and its a stupid comparison. You are asking of you can be play a human on the lightforged side because appearntly you cant play as a human according to you. Also your comparison.. no one ever asked that.

I have seen multiple threads about gallywix and Nathanos.. who are you to dismiss that? Like I said it feels like you just arrived and have no clue.

Sylvanas request has been around when you werent and a hot topic for years. What is troubeling you about the request to look like their leader? We never got it that ship has sailed to your logic.. which is not true and just your opinion. No one cares dude.

I dont see reason why I would continue argueing every detail when you get burned from left and right in the past 2 pages. You are stating your opinion which i dont care about. I am stating facts.
    You are waving away my examples.. which is just to get your right, which I am not giving you. Most of what you write is opinion based..

So asking you again.. last time what is your point dude?
    You are having the same stupid conversation with syfrid and he is saying the same thing. You do best to continue that conversation with him.. its .. just I see you are trying realy hard here and want to debate over nothing.. which I pass for. I feel like I am wasting my time on those type of people.

You are also going way off topic to what I was talking about and again I dont need to explain anything realy you quoted me and hopped the wagon just to argue over nothing. Thats sad. So I ask you nicely now to stop trying to debate over every little thing and continue your childish outburst with some one else.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-27 at 07:03 AM.

I mean other people lol my necro there is my very first post here
    I think if a future expansion ever revisits Eastern Kingdoms we could see the Alteraci but as far as factions in WoW go they have zero presence, it would be a hard sell.

I am skeptical of Lightbound Orcs being their own Allied Race but I would love to see it as Mag'har customization, like Orcs who were forcibly Lightforged but broke away, giving them golden colored tattoos. Maybe even open the door to Mag'har Orc Paladins?? That would be wild. This comes back to what would be cool to see from a future update to the Allied Races, instead of whinging about Void Elves not being High Elf enough at this very very moment.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix is the exact same race as playable goblins yet goblin players still don't have the option to look like him. Your argument is weak. As it stands, the PC doesn't always get to look like their leaders. Leaders are often made to look different so that they can "stand out".

Plus, blonde hair does not fit with the theme of playable void elves. Their theme is a dark pallete, so I'd expect a pure black hair option and maybe some dark browns, and even a pure white to contrast the void. But blondes, reds, browns, ginger, (ie natural colors) certainly do not fit the theme of the race.
    This is my point. The top part.
    Its not hard to understand that.. same count for Nathanos, sylvanas, calia and garrosh, but appearntly sylvanas isnt forsaken enough and old examples of garrosh appearntly dont count altho its the exact same thing. Nathanos is forsaken and human, but you also dont have the option to look like him. Malfurion same story.. I can go on.. what s pointless discussion.. what is he trying to achieve?

So hes having the same discussion with 3 people now lmao.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-27 at 07:50 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think if a future expansion ever revisits Eastern Kingdoms we could see the Alteraci but as far as factions in WoW go they have zero presence, it would be a hard sell.
    Ravenholdt? we could also slap the Fogsail and the Defias there; just add more lore to connect it

7+ Year Old Account
    Projecting? Dude, I literally never stated any of the opinions you are arguing against in our conversation. You're attributing them to me when I never made those statements.
    ?i never said you did, i just pointed out the hypocrosy in people doing that, you assumed it was about you, i wonder why? maybe in fact you did said that? well if i had patience to roll back i could find that, like you saying Baine was a coward, but like tht you will say you had a change of heart

How do you know that? As a fact? You don't? If so, then you're stating your headcanon as fact, then.
    are you joking? t you call me "disonhest" "with "dumb" quetions?? this is how you are goig to ty to spin? "how do you know current void elves are not eating a dark naaru on their own? on the dially basis?"

Its funny that every topic is the same with you with all this extrapolation and nonsensical fallacies
    And also, you're taking it literally. When I say "the same process Alleria went through, I do not mean the very exact 100% same process, but a similar, created and overseen by Locus Walker. You know, the guy who knows this stuff?
    if it is not by eating a dark naaru they are not the same, therefore you do not get to be the same, just like other examples we have here

unless of course you use double standards, which you are

No. No, they're not the same, or even close to being the same. They have only one thing in common, which is the curse of undeath.
    Which is, what it matters for being a forsaken
    And even that is arguable considering Sylvanas is a banshee while the player forsaken is a zombie. Once again: forsaken is not a race. It's a group.
    therefore, forsaken should be able to look like sylvanas, because she is their leader, because forsaken is a group of undeads, you should be able to play all of then

again, funny to see the double standarts

Challenge? This isn't even a challenge. Draenei have the same silhouette as draenei. Dwarves have the same silhouette as dwarves. Thalassian elves have the same silhouette as thalassian elves. Highborne elves have the same silhouette as highborne elves. Whereas humans do not have the same silhouette as thalassian elves.

You know. Basic logic?
    tell me basic logic, how this even matters, knowing 2 different factions share the exact same silhouette, exact same models, the exact same skin colors, what would be the "logic breaking" of 2 races of the same faction sharing just the silhouette and model? why is ok for one and not for others?

try to explain that and fail miserable.

Again, no double standards. Read above.
    it was supposed to be different? cause what i read was even more double standards

And Army of the Light is the name of the faction of draenei that fought the Legion for thousands of years.
    you do not play "army of the light" is not "army of the light" in your character creation, it says ''Lightforged draenei", unlike forsaken, who said "forsaken" and not "undead human"
    Again: the forsaken player is a human who lived and died in a human kingdom. Elves did not live in Lordaeron, at least nowhere near the numbers to allow them to be playable.
    Again: Void elves players are elves who mutated by void energies. They do noo absorbed a dark naaru

Why are you so damn dishonest? You literally cut off the part of the paragraph that answers your dumb question:
    you think your double standards somehow make sense adn asnwer, alright, you live in another reality.
    Humans are the face of the Alliance. Just like orcs are the face of the Horde.
    we aleady play dead humans anyway, why is the problem if they are more fleshy?

oh yes, your double standard logic that is not ok to forsaken get undead elf, because reasons, and not ok tog et the nathanos look (even if they still look massive different than the alliance humans)but its fine for void elves because reasons
    Not the same thing. First, because the two are in opposite factions

which is worse

it is worse to make the opposite faction have 2 different races, that one is from the opposite faction, but it fucking happened anyway

Then we have 0 problems of forsaken playing undead elves, when blood elves are already in the horde.
    Second, because unlike orcs and mag'har orcs, both are the exact same race.
    void elves and blood/high elves are not the exact same race

again, double standart spices with a lie
    Third, because unlike orcs, which we have never seen a green-skinned orc become brown-skinned, or a green-skinned orc family have a brown-skinned off-spring, we do have undeniable proof that a fair-skinned elf can become a fair-skinned void elf.
    that is for sure a double standard answer, we had brown orcs in the horde since TBC, we do not need a "green orc becoming brown, to make that happen, again, nonsensical logic from you.

but if Umbric and co. could do it then they would have done it already much earlier like when they're casual in Stormwind or some war camps
    Maybe they simply don't want to.

It's illusion magic, it's so basic and easy to do...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ?i never said you did, i just pointed out the hypocrosy in people doing that, you assumed it was about you, i wonder why? maybe in fact you did said that? well if i had patience to roll back i could find that, like you saying Baine was a coward, but like tht you will say you had a change of heart

are you joking? t you call me "disonhest" "with "dumb" quetions?? this is how you are goig to ty to spin? "how do you know current void elves are not eating a dark naaru on their own? on the dially basis?"

Its funny that every topic is the same with you with all this extrapolation and nonsensical fallacies

if it is not by eating a dark naaru they are not the same, therefore you do not get to be the same, just like other examples we have here

unless of course you use double standards, which you are

Which is, what it matters for being a forsaken

therefore, forsaken should be able to look like sylvanas, because she is their leader, because forsaken is a group of undeads, you should be able to play all of then

again, funny to see the double standarts

tell me basic logic, how this even matters, knowing 2 different factions share the exact same silhouette, exact same models, the exact same skin colors, what would be the "logic breaking" of 2 races of the same faction sharing just the silhouette and model? why is ok for one and not for others?

try to explain that and fail miserable.

it was supposed to be different? cause what i read was even more double standards

you do not play "army of the light" is not "army of the light" in your character creation, it says ''Lightforged draenei", unlike forsaken, who said "forsaken" and not "undead human"

Again: Void elves players are elves who mutated by void energies. They do noo absorbed a dark naaru

you think your double standards somehow make sense adn asnwer, alright, you live in another reality.

we aleady play dead humans anyway, why is the problem if they are more fleshy?

oh yes, your double standard logic that is not ok to forsaken get undead elf, because reasons, and not ok tog et the nathanos look (even if they still look massive different than the alliance humans)but its fine for void elves because reasons

which is worse

it is worse to make the opposite faction have 2 different races, that one is from the opposite faction, but it fucking happened anyway

Then we have 0 problems of forsaken playing undead elves, when blood elves are already in the horde.

void elves and blood/high elves are not the exact same race

again, double standart spices with a lie

that is for sure a double standard answer, we had brown orcs in the horde since TBC, we do not need a "green orc becoming brown, to make that happen, again, nonsensical logic from you.
    I am glad the discussion is directed to you now..
    Getting realy tired of the double standards and over explaining myself. I agree with you tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Without reading any of this, or caring about the subject at all. I can't imagine why on earth there's 20,000 posts arguing about a third Blood Elf race being in the game.

Like; why not at this point? Let's just keep adding Blood Elves with slightly different available hairstyles. I'm sure there's at least 5 more variants of Elves that people can think of some reason to add. Makes it easy for Blizzard too, all they have to do is move the RGB slider around for a different base hair colour and ship it.
    Same here. This keeps popping up in the post area but as of pre-patch there should not be any needs for it. Blue eyes is in game for anyone of the two factions who want to play High Elves.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Same here. This keeps popping up in the post area but as of pre-patch there should not be any needs for it. Blue eyes is in game for anyone of the two factions who want to play High Elves.
    lately this thread is now more on which core race should Dark Ranger options should go. I vote for Forsaken

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, in the same logic, any playable troll should be only jungle troll of Darkspear tribe and their thematics should reflect that and any playable dwarf should be mountain dwarf of Bronzebeard clan and their thematics should reflect that, and yet here we are with sand troll and wildhammer thematics baked into troll and dwarf core races. Devs also told us they intend to expand high elf fantasy on both sides, so it's safe to expect void elves getting more high elf option in the future. The question is how it will be implemented and how Blizzard will chose to differentiate void elves and blood elves after that, because there should be some differences.

The problem is that Blizz is already blurring the lines on both groups. At first, they added all blood elf skins to void elves, which was unneccessary. I guess few natural skin would be just fine, adding all blood elf palette was kind of overkill for me. Tanned and black skin tones do not really fit void elf theme at all, and yet here we are. In the same way, blue hair color themes do not really fit into blood elf theme, it definitely blurs the lines between them and void elves and yet, here we are. I know these colors were imported from blood elf DKs, but still blue hair used to be a feature which was one those which set void elves apart.

Don't forget that devs claimed these new customizations are meant as a way for players to bring their RP better into the reality and it does not need to followed by the lore all the times.

To be honest, I'd rather see San'layn allied race instead. Undead elves are important part of the Horde from the very beginning and players deserve to play as one, especially now when Blizz is opening all these unplayable options like sand trolls and wildhammers.

Light undead are abomination and there should not be many of these. I hope Calia will stay unique exception, not the rule.
    sanlayn are not part of the horde

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    sanlayn are not part of the horde
    He is not even saying that.

- - - Updated - - -

lately this thread is now more on which core race should Dark Ranger options should go. I vote for Forsaken
    I would say humans, blood elves, forsaken and now also night elves.

But since we already had demon hunters that are available with only 2 races I dont see it happening we get another class that is only playable with 2 races.

I am all for dark rangers..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-27 at 03:54 PM.