15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Did anyone have "It's all the West's fault" on their bingo cards?
    Yea, very unpredictable coming from a payed troll isn't it?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Yep but there are so many crosses on it already it's unreadable.
    Oh I was just talking about today's bingo card. It's just shy of 1 am here.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Oh I was just talking about today's bingo card. It's just shy of 1 am here.
    I need a new one every time he posts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Only foolish people could think Russia will fold in days, or a single month.

Have you listened to the Leningrad song I linked above? It's only 3 minutes long. I'm interested in your opinion - he seems to lament something, but it's open for interpretation what exactly.
    Russian music?

I wonder what pussy riot is up to these days…
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Have you listened to the Leningrad song I linked above? It's only 3 minutes long. I'm interested in your opinion - he seems to lament something, but it's open for interpretation what exactly.
    End of generational epoch.

Quite sad it had come to an end; but you're well aware that it was going downhill for a long time.

"Living in interesting times" and all. We'll see how new world will shake up.

I expect globalism to be dead and buried, splintering back to regional cultural and trade blocks.

And a lot of things considered important on this forum to elicit a smile about "good old days" in a year's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    He reportedly suffered a heart attack.

Hey what're the symptoms of Novichok poisoning again? Just curious.
    The term is Cardiac Arrest.
    I mean, your heart stops for a variety of reasons.
    Heart disease. Poor diet. Disappointing your Vladdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That was also timeframe in which some people expected Russian economy to fold, bank runs and all.
    What? The timeframe of Russia believing it would win in days is based on other people expecting Russian economy to tank?

Is Mariupol falling part of Ukrainian plan?
    Even for you that was lame, in fact both were.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think is Ukrainian plan? Lose cities, soldiers, and military equipment until Russia gets frustrated enough to leave while pumping out war propaganda?
    Oh sweet summer child, you actually believe Russia is winning. Even if they take Ukraine they don't win. There's no winning, but there is losing less.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/...wUslc4ua3aeaSg

#Scholz said that #Germany is able to abandon #Russian #gas faster than it is commonly believed.

The chancellor also added that the process of independence of the #EU countries from Russian gas is now irreversible.
    There you go. I've said it before, but maybe now people will believe me. EU is slow sometimes, but once you get the EU moving, there's no stopping. This will end with permanent isolation of Russia. Even if sanctions are lifted, as long as Putin is in charge, nobody will want to entangle themselves with a country that has a history of inviting sanctions that forces them to abandon business again.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Russian music?

I wonder what pussy riot is up to these days…

There's a great scene if you're into darksynth, post punk, and witch house music. You can see it influence Pussy Riot's more recent releases.

<3 for IC3PEAK

The off-ramp is that russia fucks off from Ukraine and maybe one day the relationship between russia and the West might get better again.

I mean, besides Putin off-ramping himself of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/...wUslc4ua3aeaSg

There you go. I've said it before, but maybe now people will believe me. EU is slow sometimes, but once you get the EU moving, there's no stopping. This will end with permanent isolation of Russia. Even if sanctions are lifted, as long as Putin is in charge, nobody will want to entangle themselves with a country that has a history of inviting sanctions that forces them to abandon business again.
    "Faster" as in 2027 rather then 2030?

Some things need a lot more real work then proclamations. Work that cannot get much faster no matter how much money you pump into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some things need a lot more real work then proclamations. Work that cannot get much faster no matter how much money you pump into it.
    Like the invasion of Ukraine by Russia, right?

Someone's upset their country is nothing more than a glorified gas station that has a weaker military to some farmers.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think relations between the West and Russia will be "normal" by 2030 without, at the very least, a severe and meaningful regime change, then you're delusional.

Edit: Misread the original quote, I think.

But, no, it's not going to take 5 years to disengage with Russian oil.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2022-03-26 at 09:06 AM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

50% reduction this year, total reduction by 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Someone's upset their country is nothing more than a glorified gas station that has a weaker military to some farmers.
    [ ] not told
    [ ] told
    [x] told beyond repair

Putin proposing zero tax for IT companies as 50,000 - 70,000 IT professionals flee Russia.

So much for modernization. Some people will live in a dictatorship for those fast bucks (i did in the middleeast for a bit) but you'd have to be mad to want to stay if you are highly skilled and can get work elsewhere. Its not like Russia is particularly attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    There's a great scene if you're into darksynth, post punk, and witch house music. You can see it influence Pussy Riot's more recent releases.

<3 for IC3PEAK
    Not into the music but i like their attitude. Guess the latter are in trouble for gay propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Putin proposing zero tax for IT companies as 50,000 - 70,000 IT professionals flee Russia.

So much for modernization. Some people will live in a dictatorship for those fast bucks (i did in the middleeast for a bit) but you'd have to be mad to want to stay if you are highly skilled and can get work elsewhere. Its not like Russia is particularly attractive.
    Sweet. Nikita will get to pocket even more money from Escape From Tarkov.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    If you think relations between the West and Russia will be "normal" by 2030 without, at the very least, a severe and meaningful regime change, then you're delusional.

Edit: Misread the original quote, I think.

But, no, it's not going to take 5 years to disengage with Russian oil.
    They are talking about gas, not oil.

At least for oil most of it already goes in tankers, so you could potentially shuffle them around; dropping Russian heavy oil still means major diesel shortages in a lot of areas (apparently that's where Russian types go into the mix for refinement) until you reconnect Iran and Venezuela replacements (and Iran already got themselves total exemption dealing with Russia).

For LNG there isn't quite as much spare tanker, pipeline, or LNG terminal capacity for EU - you have to actually build them the slow way.

2027 for "no Russian gas at all" is already super-accelerated timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    50% reduction this year, total reduction by 2024.
    So far that's claim for Germany alone; it remains to be seen if their projections will actually work, even if they'll draw LNG at expense of the rest of the world (which still needs their LNG too).
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2022-03-26 at 10:00 AM.